TNOA PG Program
TNOA – Cholamandalam Ortho PG Research Grant
- The TNOA – Cholamandalam Ortho PG Research Grant was created by the organizers of the TNOACON 2005 at Cuddalore to provide financial grant to two deserving Orthopaedic Postgraduate students in the State of Tamil Nadu.
- There shall be two beneficiaries each year.
- This cash award is to be offered to Post Graduate students of Orthopaedics for performing research work.
- The announcement for this Grant shall be published in the first newsletter.
- There may be one nomination from each teaching Institution in Tamil Nadu. The Heads of the Orthopaedic Departments of Teaching institutions in Tamil Nadu shall forward the name of one candidate in their institution based on his research aptitude, work output and academic thrust shown by the candidate. The name along with a brief note on his work and the justification and recommendation of the Head of Department should be sent to the Secretary, Tamil Nadu Orthopaedic Association on or before 30th November every year.
- The selection of recipients every year is based on their academic credentials and research work.
- The awardees shall be finalized by a TNOA committee constituted for this purpose. The Selection committee for this award shall consist of: i. The President ii. The Secretary iii. Dr. S. Pandian from Cuddalore Decision of the selection committee shall be final.
- The selected fellows must present their work in the next TNOACON
TNOA –KMC PG Ortho Quiz Medal
- This medal was instituted in 2007.
- During the Annual Conference of TNOA, a quiz competition is held for the Post graduate students where four top teams getting selected in the preliminary written test participate, with two students representing each institution in the finals.
- The preliminary written test for the PG Quiz shall be held on the second day (Saturday) of Conference in the afternoon.
- The finals of the quiz programme should be held on the last day of the Conference in the main hall. It shall be allotted at least a minimum of one hour.
- The winners are awarded the TNOA – KMC PG Quiz Gold medals and the runner up get the TNOA – KMC PG Quiz Silver medals.
- The Joint Secretary, TNOA is the official Quiz Master who will decide the format of the quiz programme.
- The quiz programme announcement should be made in all the announcements of the Conference.
- The organizing committee should make all arrangements for the smooth conduct of the programme in consultation with the Joint Secretary, TNOA.
The TNOA – Prof R. Ramakrishnan Gold Medal for Best Postgraduate
- TNOA – Prof. R. Ramakrishnan gold medal was instituted in the year 2013. This medal was sponsored by members of Nellai ortho club and the postgraduates of Tirunelveli Medical College to honour Prof. R. Ramakrishnan, Tirunelveli.
- Candidates should be from an Institute existing in the state of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates should be a Life/Associate member of TNOA.
- The exam will be conducted throughout the state on the first Saturday and Sunday of January, every year. If the first Saturday or Sunday falls on New year day, exams will be held on the second Saturday and Sunday.
- On the first day, Saturday, screening tests will be conducted between 10am and 12noon. Number of MCQ questions will be 100 and the time allotted is two hours. Results of the screening test will be announced at 4pm on the same day. Top 6 (six) scorers will be selected for the clinical exam, which will be held on next day, Sunday, between 8am and 5pm.
- The medal will be awarded to the deserving candidate in the valedictory function of TNOACON.
- The venue for the exam will be the zone where the subsequent TNOACON is to be held.
TNOA Dr K R Venkateswar Memorial PG Travelling Fellowship
- One Postgraduate student in Orthopaedics from this state per year shall be selected for this fellowship.
- The selection shall be in the form of a written exam during the first day of the TNOACON.
- Only those Postgraduates who are Associate Members of the Association are eligible to participate in the Qualifying Exam.
- Venue for this Fellowship shall be decided by Association